Why make in Nepal when you can fake in Nepal? This seems to be the go-to business strategy adopted by many shady companies that specialize in producing knock-off versions of international brands. Of course, these products aren’t fooling anyone but one can’t help but admire the wits that goes into making Devdas out of Adidas.
So, from Snipers to Monsoon Mew and everything in between, here are 12 hilarious Nepali versions of international brands that’ll make you go WTF (What the Fake?)
1. Have A Fake, Have A ...
Forget Canada Dry. Nepali Market Has ...
2. Chiso Bhanekai ...
3. Fanta Ka Funda
4. No Copyright Violation Here, Officer!
5. Here! Meet The Entire Family!
6. Should You Do It Though?
7. We Hope This Isn't The Harvard Srinkhala Khatiwada Got Accepted In
8. Pork: We Are Forever Fatter
9. Hungry? Grab A ...
10. Very First Bollywood Merchandise
11. No One Gets Spared! Neither Brands Nor Bands!
Well, fake it till you make it, they say. Who knows? Maybe Snipers will be huge one day. But until then, you might want to stick to Snickers. Meanwhile, if you’ve encounter any such knock-off brands, let us hear your experience in the comments section below.